Thursday, October 07, 2004

Elegy to a Reverie

7th October 2004
12.22 a.m.
Its one of those nights when I’m feeling unexplainably exhausted and immeasurably troubled. The incomparable urge to crawl into bed tugs at me to go get lost in the sheets and be transported to a distant land of dreams and never- ending siesta…yet there’s this impalpable magic floating in the air, as I watch the moonlight dance across a seamless black vastness, feeling your breath on my face. It’s sweet misery and dream-making all over again. Like every other day. Why do I do this? Scribble, scrabble, ramble and rant, fumble and spew rubbish to no end.Building ice-cream castles in the air, idling my consciousness away to my wit’s end. Music for company and misery’s my shadow.


“Will I ever spread my wings and learn how to fly”,
or just stumble and crumble upon this till I die?

Teach me how to breakaway, to take a risk, take a chance, to lose myself to uncertainty! and in the vain hope that I’ll make a change and live my life. “Dreaming of what could be and if I’ll end up happy, out of the darkness and into the sun.” Live my life or lose myself in this battle of choice. Built my life around you, how do I fly away? I forget my wings are clipped and broken, bent and bruised, so I wobble away slowly, but surely!


“I had to find you, tell you I need you, and tell you I set you APART. Tell me your secrets, nurse me your questions. COME LET’S GO BACK to START!!!”

Shaleni

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just awesome da....